Monday, February 11, 2008

YOU WERE MY FRIEND

On a leafy path I met you ,
Our glances had collided head-on ,
When upon day’s end ,
Forest air stood seduced with twilight’s crayon
Your toasty smile ‘n’ hello
Found their way my rustic exterior through ,
And invading my inner zone
They kept tickling till I forgot I knew not you .
“Never love a stranger”
Twice did my qualms smite to warn my brain ,
“Nothing earthly do I wanna
From her, seek ; jus’ I wanna be her Frien’ ”,
Buzzed back my voice within ,
For how long my heart could starve of amigo’s care ;
Duties, boons, e’en folks’ favour
Couldn’t buy me a chum’s tolerance : for me it’s rare.
At indeed a long last
You popped up and got me waylaid ,
Ripple across your two pools
Stirred me with idyllic a spell of an airy-fairy maid.
Caring-soaked words you rained
Moistened soft my draughts to the rank fulfilling ,
“what if her whim’s fragile too?”,
Scraps of worries , in my mind, started creeping .
Alas ! before too long the truth stood
Peeled : my rustic fibers broke your snazzy caprice,
Gob-smacked I stood with you
Melting in the thin air ; from vacuum arose my cries.

******

No comments: